Aleveria

Aleveria / KarenL

Filthy Scrooge

Filthy Scrooge - Taryn Quinn Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the powers that be for an unbiased review.

image

Even though I really love Christmas, I've never been a fan of holiday-themed stories, but I made an exception for this one. I'll say right here that I'd be honest if I hadn't liked this book, but Taryn/Cari are awesome, and it'd be hard for me to find something they've written that I don't like.

With that being said, they've accomplished something that is rare, they've created a tale centered around Christmas that I absolutely adored. Maybe it's because the characters are so real, maybe it's because it wasn't littered with holiday clich├ęs, and perhaps it's just that the book was so damn hot that I didn't notice anything else.

And when I say hot, I mean pretty damn hot. There was a place where I questioned the heroine not stopping to pack a bag, then I just said to myself, "wait, why do I give a shit again?" because damn... it's not like she needed it. I even thought about going back to re-read, and then I said, eff that... they're making out again.

It's not that kind of book, although they do a detailed storyline brilliantly if you're looking for that too. (check out this series if you're interested: [book:The Boss Vol. 1 - 3: a Billionaire Romance Serial|30261171])

No, this one is great if you want to love characters for their heart, wit, and soul - and let it be contained in a blissfully simple package. That's not saying it's not all smooth sailing, because where's the fun in that?

Great from start to finish, and tied off with a sparkly bow and glittery lights. 4.5 stars. Thanks ladies!